Publication of scientific work and its proper transmission to scientific community, researchers and general public needs certain Ethical Standards to be followed. These standards ensure that credit of high quality scientific work goes to the people who have generated that idea and worked for it. This is also necessary to win public trust in scientific findings. Asian Journal of Agriculture and Biology (AJAB) abides by Code of Conduct of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and aims to adhere to its Best Practice Guidelines.
AJAB is committed to publishing only original material, i.e., material that has neither been published elsewhere, nor is under review elsewhere. AJAB uses the Turnitin software to detect instances of overlapping and similar text in submitted manuscripts. Manuscripts that are found to have been plagiarized from a manuscript by other authors, whether published or unpublished, will incur plagiarism sanctions.
Manuscripts that are found to have been published elsewhere, or to be under review elsewhere, will incur duplicate submission/publication sanctions. If authors have used their own previously published work, or work that is currently under review, as the basis for a submitted manuscript, they are required to cite the previous work and indicate how their submitted manuscript offers novel contributions beyond those of the previous work.
Submitted manuscripts that are found to include citations whose primary purpose is to increase the number of citations to a given author’s work, or to articles published in a particular journal, will incur citation manipulation sanctions.
Data Fabrication and Falsification
Submitted manuscripts that are found to have either fabricated or falsified experimental results, including the manipulation of images, will incur data fabrication and falsification sanctions.
Improper Author Contribution or Attribution
All listed authors must have made a significant scientific contribution to the research in the manuscript and approved all its claims. It is important to list everyone who made a significant scientific contribution, including students and laboratory technicians.
Redundant publications involve the inappropriate division of study outcomes into several articles.
In the event that there are documented violations of any of the above mentioned policies in any journal, regardless of whether or not the violations occurred AJAB, the following sanctions will be applied:
- Immediate rejection of the infringing manuscript.
- Immediate rejection of every other manuscript submitted to AJAB by any of the authors of the infringing manuscript.
- Prohibition against all of the authors for any new submissions to AJAB, either individually or in combination with other authors of the infringing manuscript, as well as in combination with any other authors. This prohibition will be imposed for a minimum of 36 months.
- Prohibition against all of the authors from serving on the Editorial Board of AJAB.
- In cases where the violations of the above policies are found to be particularly flagrant, the publisher reserves the right to impose additional sanctions beyond those described above.